Thank you for considering adopting a rescue pet! Whether you already have an animal in mind, or you’d like our help in making a match, please come on in and fill an application.
Hearts Alive Village works hard to respond to your application as quickly as possible We will reach out within 24-48 hours. If you do not receive an email, please check your email spam folder as our email may have ended up there and we don’t want you to miss an opportunity to save a life!
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Cats and kittens must be taken home in a secured pet carrier.
- We do not adopt dogs to be used as guard dogs or “yard” dogs.
- All current pets in the home must be spayed or neutered and up-to-date on veterinary care.
- A veterinarian reference or check, and perhaps a home visit, may be required.
- We offer trial placements for pets, as we want them in the best home possible, and to give you the opportunity to be sure this is the best ft for your family and lifestyle.
- The majority of our dogs are placed with a foster family prior to adoption, so you will be able to speak to their foster parents about behaviors, likes and dislikes, and any challenges.
- We ask all of our applicants to take part in a two-week trial with dogs to give the family and dog a chance to get to know each other. If it is a great match, we settle the adoption fee and adoption contract after the two-week trial period. This is not necessary for our cat adoptions, but is offered.
- If it’s not a good fit, we will always take the dog or cat back.
- We will sometimes conduct a home visit and assist with introductions between your potential new pet and your current pets.
- In addition to the pets in foster homes, we have five adoption locations where you can meet pets waiting for a home.
FOR DOGS AND CATS
FOR CATS ONLY
- Petsmart 2140 N Rainbow Blvd
- Petsmart 6980 N 5th St